Unanswered: spreadsheet like object on a form

I'm sure I've seen something like this before but I covered my usual sources, now I turn to you all.

We have been doing project timesheets in Excel and it's way more maintenance than is necessary. So I'd like to move it to access. I've got a basic table structure worked up as well as the initial form programming but I'm really running into a road block on this one issue. I want to preserve some of the look and feel they are used to. So I want to have a spreadsheet like object in the form that basically has the dates of the pay period across the top and the chargeable accounts down the side. The user enters info into a given cell and I grab the cell data and the appropriate headers and store that is a TimeTable that holds UserId, Date, WorkTypeID and Hours.
    So far I have only pondered the matter of how to get the spreadsheet-like object onto the form. Although, now that I think about it, I would be worried about capturing the data. Any direction is helpful.
    I can post a prototype as well as what I have so far if that would help.

Provided Answers: 10
    It might be worth looking at Datasheet forms.

Run through the form wizard and on the, I think, second page, you can select the form type.

Give it a shot and see if it looks like what you want.
    George
    Home | Blog

I considered something like that as a subform. I'll give it a poke this afternoon and report back.

Good to see you again GeorgeV, and everyone, you guys have always been helpful.

Unfortunately, design view just kinda pukes out the table the way you would see it if you just tried to open the table.
    There is a crosstab wizard I may give a run at, although that may encounter one issue I had hoped to avoid, keeping a table of dates.

If the crosstab doesn't work out, you can use a data access page instead of a form. Then you can use the Excel spreadsheet or pivot table option. For the spreadsheet, create an empty data access page based on your table or query of choice. Then click the Excel icon, drag a box in the main area (called the header area) of the page . The spreadsheet will appear to the size of the box.