Unanswered: Sql server user creation problem

I m using SQL server 2005 express edition and management studio express. I m still confused with some terms. What is the difference between a new server registration, a new login and a named instance? I installed sql express using default configuration. It shows that my server name is- TANVIR\SQLEXPRESS (where Tanvir is my hostname) and it uses windows authentication. I created a new log in from Security>logins in the object explorer of express manager. In the property of this new login I just put the login name and gave password under sql server authentication and leaving everything else as default. I have enabled tcp/ip for both sqlexpress and client protocol in Sql server configuration manger. YET, I cant log in using my new log in name and password. I got the following error-
    Cannot connect to TANVIR\SQLEXPRESS.
    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
    Login failed for user 'Tanvir'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18452)
    ------------------------------
    I just want to know HOW to create a user with password in sql express edition.

Provided Answers: 1
    Well, you say you are using Windows authentication (which logs you in as your windows login, no password required), but you created a separate SQL server login with a password.
    You should not need to create the SQL Server login. Just create a login for your Windows login and grant it permission to use the databases.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

But I cant create a user in my pc.And this is not my solution brother.I want to create a user to log in to sql server,How can I do it?

Provided Answers: 1
    I don't think you have provided enough information.
    Do you understand the difference between Windows Authentication and SQL Server Authentication? Do you know what Mixed-mode security is?
    Do you want your users to connect to your database using Windows Authentication or SQL Server Authentication?
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com