Joe Celko's SQL Puzzles

Has anyone ever bought and gone through "Joe Celko's SQL Puzzles"? I've seen it in the store many times and thought about buying it but for $40(US) it'd have to be worth something.

i have every one of joe's books

if you're going to buy one, buy the 3rd edition of SQL for Smarties
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Joe Celko's books tend to be expensive, but every one of them is worth many times the cost of the book and the time to read it. I'll agree with r937 in that you ought to read SQL For Smarties first, but don't stop there!

Just an observation, but Joe's books are poor choices to borrow from a library... They need to be savored, not consumed. It takes a while to work through each of his problems and examples so that you really "grok" them, but the process is very satisfying and very educational.

Fair disclosure: I make no money from his books, but Joe is an old friend of mine. We've abused each other for well over a decade. I obviously think very highly of him.

-PatP

Thanks for the feedback. I'm gonna check Border's today, if they don't have it, I'll hit Amazon tonight.

Thanks a lot for the information. I will try to find those books.

Tetiana - your actions are starting to resemble sig spamming. Please either remove your signatures or post only comments that make a contribution to the thread.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

I bought both book, SQL for smarties and the puzzles. I found out that those puzzles are amazingly tough and that I may be a bit too much of a noob for SQL for smarties. He recommends his SQL style book for beginners. I think I'm going to grab that one as well and try to go through it first.