Unanswered: creating cluster index on windows...

hi all,i used to create cluster indexes on partitioned tablespaces on Z\Os with a limit key for each partition...
    but when i tried to create a cluster index on db2 on windows v8.2 on a non partitioned table space, i found that when creating the cluster index there is no option for determining the limit key for the clustering index...

What i'm asking about is how the clustering index on windows arranges data on the indexing column without assigning limit keys for that column....

I really appreciate your reply...
    Thank you all...

Provided Answers: 1
    What would be the meaning of the limit key, if your tablespace is not partitioned?
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Do you mean a "partitioning index" in DB2 z/OS? Because "cluster indexes" are the same in DB2 LUW and DB2 z/OS, and the limit key applies to partitioning indexes in DB2 z/OS. http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...ingindexes.htm

Regarding partitioning indexes, we have the following situation in the two DB2 products:

DB2 z/OS: A partitioning index is used to determine how the range partitioning is done in a partitioned table. (Btw, you should use the respective clauses in the CREATE/ALTER TABLE statements instead of a partitioned index in newer DB2 z/OS versions.)

DB2 LUW: There is no partitioning index. Partitioning rows is done based on the specification in the CREATE/ALTER TABLE statement where you define the different ranges. (Putting this kind of information on an index is not intuitive anyway.) Furthermore, you have hash-partitioning for database partitions, and you can use range-partitioning at a table level (orthogonal to database partitioning).
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

Thank you very much for uour reply...