Introducing Myself

Hi All,

I've just finished University where I studied database design etc., but am still fairly green on the topic. I've recently started a job for a company that provides online education for children with health problems. I was supposed to be working under a solution architect to gain experience, but he left after a couple of weeks and I've been told that he won't be replaced.

The current student information system has been implemented using SQL Server 2005, but whoever created it didn't know anything about database design and has made a bit of a mess with it.

I've been given the task of redesigning the system, which I think I could do, but I was hoping that if I get stuck I could call on those with more experience for help.

Thanks in advance for any help that you give

MickySmig

Welcome to the forums Micky!

Sorry to hear about your work situation; but hey, it could be exactly what you need! I was chucked in the deep end with SQL Server when I started my job and it's worked out for me so far

Best of luck with the redesign, and if you need some extra help, you know where to come!
    George
    Home | Blog

Thaqks George,

I was thinking that it could be the ideal opportunity to get a good handle on database design, but I know there's so much I still need to learn. I'd appreciate any help that the forum could give (and hopefully, I'll be able to help others, once I get myself sorted).