Unanswered: ASP.NET testing procedures...

Hi guys,

I have been wondering for some time what the preferred and industrially recognized system for testing ASP.NET applications is exactly?

Wikipedia mentioned something about black and white box testing, but I was taught something different - functional and logical testing - which I can't really remember clearly tbh.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.

Diabolical

You can write unit tests for your public methods for functionality testing and you can also try HP webinspect or ANT's Profiler for performance testing for ASP.net applications.
    Thanks !!
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Sir Winston Churchill
    Joydeep

How do you write "unit tests"?

I have no idea tbh. I used to to functional testing through tables in Word where each field gets tested with contrasting data entry..

Please explain your method(s).

I will look into HP Web Inspect and ANT's profiler, thanks for the guidance so far!

Hey, I just checked those tools you gave and both are unsuitable. ANTS Profiler is almost $300! I was just looking for a concept/method to doing my own testing - its only a small app..

And the HP WebInspect is focused toward security implications - not neccessary.

Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by wishwashed
    Hey, I just checked those tools you gave and both are unsuitable. ANTS Profiler is almost $300! I was just looking for a concept/method to doing my own testing - its only a small app..

And the HP WebInspect is focused toward security implications - not neccessary.

Thanks anyway.
    Sorry to know that it didn't help you.You can try the Visual studio test project in this regard to write unit tests.BTW, for ANT'S PROFILER you can download the trial version.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Sir Winston Churchill
    Joydeep

Provided Answers: 1
    $300 is a drop in the bucket for decent unit testing software.

What is that you think you need to test?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

I don't have $30, let alone $300! - not your problem, but still..

I have just finished a rather neat ASP.NET CMS system right. Coding went swimmingly and the project as a whole is really good.

Now, the assignment brief says I need to demonstrate testing... Now I do'nt know, and haven't really been taught any formal ways of testing web-apps..

I did something simialr at school for a DB app which included logical and functional testing where I basically created a plethora of tables in MS Word and filled them in lol. Tested that every table worked, validation worked, relationships worked - everything basically.

But my web-app is rather straigjt-forward and the DB is simple so I don't know how to test is in a formally recognised manner.

Sorry for any typo's. Crappy laptop.