Unanswered: Longer then default lenght Form size

Hello all,

I haver researched for a while and cannot find a solution for my problem. Hope someone out there can help.

The Access From seem to allow 22" in height in the Detail section and I need a 70" in height Detail section. Is this possible?

I am developing a survey Form and it has 25 questions. The Form lenght is not long enough for me.

Thanks

Provided Answers: 6
    Generally each question would be a separate record, so you would need a fairly small detail section, and it could handle a virtually unlimited number of questions. Searching for survey or questionnaire should turn up design ideas.
    Paul

Oh! thanks

Provided Answers: 59
    classically you can make more space of a form by using tabs
    if all your questions are in the same record then distribute them over the tabs in blocks similar to the original questionaire

incidentally having a separate record per question within the questionaire can be a nightmare to handle, when you want to associate answers from different questions.. not impossible, just mor edifficult. Also be aware that there is an expllcit limit in number fo columns / fields ion a query.. I think its around 256. so if you have more than 256 questions you will defiantely need separate questions. mind you you could fudge the issue and have blocks of questions as per tabs

thank you and I will try the tabs.

I use tab control to insert a tab into my form. When I move the questions to the page and then view it. The questions do not show up. Do you know why?

Well, I got it. Thanks

Thanks
    Last edited by sweetmail; 04-02-08 at 11:39.

I made a really nice survey form I'll convert to Access tables and post in the code bank. It's kind of nice as you make your own questions and tell it what kind of answers you want (i.e. A, B, C... or integer value, or string value.) It turned out a lot better than I anticipated.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

wow, thank you very much.

Would you please let me know which catagory you have post the from when you are done posting. Thank you very much.
    Last edited by sweetmail; 04-03-08 at 11:14.

thank you pkstormy

I have downloaded the code.

I'm working on revising the survey code as it's mostly based on energy star stuff (after looking at it since many years, I had a little difficulty following it myself). Sorry it's so sloppy but hopefully it'll help you get started as obviously you won't be able to use it (unless you want to survey energy star stuff.)

When you look at the code, please keep in mind that I made this rather quickly at the time (I think it took me a week or two).

The forms though should be the most helpful but again, look at it with an open mind and a grain of salt. You may find 1 or 2 things in it helpful.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 04-05-08 at 20:34.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)