Red face Unanswered: Conversion MSSQL script to Oracle (PL/SQL)

Hello !

I work with a great sql server database with tables, procedures, triggers, indexes !
    We have created this database with a separate sql script file.
    Now, I want to use the same database structure with ORACLE; so, I think to convert the sql file to oracle sql file : conversion T-SQL to PL/SQL !!
    But there are too much line : 6000 !! To convert it query after query is too slow.

Do you have advices for me ? Tools ?

I'm not familiar with T-SQL. Maybe you could create a conversion script yourself, identifying patterns and replacing them to adjust T-SQL to PL/SQL. I have converted over 1500 ASP scripts to PHP in the course of 4 hours doing that. I know there may be a huge gap there, but patterns are patterns and that's the end of it.

Identify the differences between the two (T-SQL and PL/SQL), then identify patterns in how the statements are built, and finally either create scripts or use editors to replace segments of the statements so they can be run on TOAD or something like that.

Lemme see if I can help. Post some T-SQL samples ...
    Last edited by igordonin; 04-04-08 at 12:04.

In fact, I wonder if a tool already exists for doing that conversion !
    Maybe you could create a conversion script yourself, identifying patterns and replacing them to adjust T-SQL to PL/SQL. I have converted over 1500 ASP scripts to PHP in the course of 4 hours doing that.
    It transpires that that's impossible to do in a short time. Experts even take 3 months to convert an Oracle 9i base to Oracle 10g one; so, SQL Server to Oracle, it is more harder !!

This is a weblink to the Oracle comment about this conversion : http://www.oracle.com/technology/tec...ocs/ama_wp.pdf

I know, I didn't mean you'd take the same time ... it was just an idea anyway. Glad you figured it out.

Cheers!