Unanswered: Access 2007 Report images lose transparency when printing

I have built an Access 2007 report with PNG images with transparency in them. It looks perfect when I view the design view and the report view but when I look at the print preview view or print the report all the transparency is lost and replaced with white.

I have run all the latest updates, have tried it on different computers, different image formats with support for transparency (PNG, GIF). I have even exported the report as PDF, opened it up as separate layers in Photoshop and can see that the data is behind the images but where it should be transparent it has been filled with white.

It would also be great if someone else was able to test this to tell me if it is a problem with Access 2007 or just a problem with my setup.

Thank you for your help!

My initial impression is that it's a print driver and I'm wondering if a new/different print driver might help as this would be a problem that would remain constant on different computers if you used the same print driver. You're working with Access 2007 and I haven't done a lot with 2007 so I couldn't say for sure. Have you tried a different print driver?
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Thank you for your reply pkstormy, I have tried different printers, different printer drivers, printing directly to PDF and even different computers with totally different printers and I still have no luck. I am wondering if anyone can get transparency in images to work through to printing or is it just me?

Sorry but I can't say as I haven't tried myself. Anyone else?

Also, is the problem the same with say Microsoft Word (taking Access out of the equation) or is it only when you've done something with Access reports?
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)