Unanswered: Export to Excel (charts)

I currently have the VB code below to export 4 tables to excel. I want to get the data for one of the sheets to make a chart automatically. If you caould give me a general idea of code to use, then i can fill in the blanks.

Thanks!

Private Sub Command77_Click()
    On Error GoTo Command77Err

Dim strFile As String
    Dim strStartDate As String, strEndDate As String

strFile = "C:\Documents and Settings\cadsaf04\Desktop\PMSI Vendor Scorecard.xls"

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, 8, "PMSI Query - Active", strFile, True, "Active"
    DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, 8, "PMSI Query - Sales", strFile, True, "Sales", A3
    DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, 8, "PMSI Query - Red Flag Rollup", strFile, True, "Red Flag"
    DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, 8, "PMSI Query - Previous Month Active", strFile, True, "Active Grade"
    DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, 8, "PMSI Query - Previous Month Sales", strFile, True, "Sales Grade"

Command77Exit:
    Exit Sub

Command77Err:

If Err.Number = 3010 Then
    MsgBox "Please close """ & strFile & """ and try again.", vbInformation, "Error"
    Else
    MsgBox Err.Description

End If
    Resume Command77Exit

End Sub

try the code-bank sticky post at the top of the forum. there is good excel stuff there from pootle (much nicer than TrasferSpreadsheet).

if i remember correctly one of his examples includes using an Excel template (thus providing your grafix).

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Ya, i tried using that one, but it was too complicated for me. I am no way a VB master, unfortunetly.

Quote Originally Posted by afors112
    Ya, i tried using that one, but it was too complicated for me. I am no way a VB master, unfortunetly.
    I'm afraid there is no easy way to do this one that I know of. TransferSpreadsheet is very simple but the price for that simplicity is very little flexibility.

The only alternative I can think of (do not know if it is feasible or possible) is to create an excel spreadsheet, create a chart in it. Define the data source for the chart as the data in one of your transferspreadsheet files. Whenever this is over-written the chart should now show the new data.

Otherwise you will need to roll up your sleeves and work your way through my example. It is well documented - just use a little bit at a time, test, google anything you don't understand, get it working, move on to the next thing. If you break it down like that it will be easier.

HTH
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.