Thread: Multi Language

Unanswered: Multi Language

Dear all;
    I want to use Mysql 5.1 with VFP9 using ODBC 3.1 and I want to use multi language.
    the problem comes when i was trying to chose from ODBC connection the option of character set cp1256 then error comes as :
    "[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't initialize character set cp1256 (path: C:\mysql\\share\charsets\)"
    I looked at the file in the mentioned dir. it was there.
    Can any one help me please, because I am stuck in that.
    thanks very much.

I cant help you with your question but should there be two slashes in your path:

"[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't initialize character set cp1256 (path: C:\mysql\\share\charsets\)"

Quote Originally Posted by compsci
    I cant help you with your question but should there be two slashes in your path:

Thank you very much, but this is what the error when i chose the cp1256 character set from the connection tab.

Quote Originally Posted by compsci

Dear Compsci;
    You helped me very much with your point to the 2 slashes, I noticed that slashes, I open a new folder in c: named "mysql" and inside that folder I open another one named "share" and then I copied the charset folder to it, and it works fine he initialize the character set cp1256 with out any error.
    Again thank you very much for your help.

I am glad to help