This position is responsible for the analysis, design, configuration, development and deployment of Hyperion applications, and works closely with internal clients to deliver, maintain, troubleshoot, and enhance Hyperion application functionality. The position also coordinates on-going production support and assists with disaster recovery.
• To lead the development of Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Essbase applications;
• Translate client needs into complex business rules, calc scripts, and batch scripts;
• Translate client reporting needs into Hyperion Financial Reports, SmartView for Office and Web Analysis (Analyzer), and Hyperion business rules;
• Work closely with the Hyperion Production Administrator team for on-going deployment, support and maintenance needs;
• Mentor and coach junior members of the Hyperion team.
• 4-year degree plus 5 - 7 years of work related experience;
• 3 plus years Hyperion experience with 1 plus years using System 9;
• Has developed and deployed Hyperion applications;
• Knowledge of financial processes utilizing Hyperion Planning, Essbase, SmartView, Financial Reports, Web Analysis, etc.;
• Understands dependencies and interrelationships between separate functional modules of Hyperion Planning among forms, business rules, calc scripts, variables and Essbase databases and can design, build and troubleshoot in these areas with this knowledge;
• Experience maintaining the interface points between Hyperion Planning and other applications;
• Experience using Hyperion scripting languages such as MaxL or Esscmd;
• Experience in a minimum of 3 full life-cycle development efforts using Hyperion;
• Working knowledge of Oracle database views and schema structure;
• Creative individual with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Experience in accounting and/or finance is highly desirable;
• Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Essbase, Reports and HAL
Compensation & Benefits Overview
The starting salary for qualified applicants is in the $120 - $130 plus bonus, and a very nice benefits package (details on request). The bonus has averaged at least 10% over the past 3 years (paid out semi-annually). Moreover, I believe you'll be impressed with the employer, culture, working environment, friendliness, quality of life, technology and career path opportunities, 35 hour work week, relatively stress-free and casual working environment, flexibility, etc.