Unanswered: pervasive 9.5 hangs on insert

Hi.

I've been having the following problem with the Pervasive 9.5 engine: when having multiple inserts to the same table from different clients (for example 3 computers with the Pervasive Client connected to a computer with the Pervasive Server) the engine hangs and I am forced to reboot the server.

Could this be a server configuration problem, a problem related to the table in question or could it be something else?

Thanks in advance,

José Rui Abreu Mira

Provided Answers: 4
    What is the exact version of PSQL you are using? The easiest way to tell is to look at the version of the W3ODBCEI.DLL.
    Second, what happens if you run the INSERT statement through the Pervasive COntrol Center rather than your application?
    I've never heard of the engine crashing or hanging in the situation you describe.
    Also, is there anything in the PVSW.LOG file on the client or server?
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

The exact version I'm using is 9.50.77.2 for the server and 9.52.43.0 for the clients and, yes, the same thing is happening while using control center.

As for the logging, since I wasn't the person doing the actual tests I don't know if the logs were turned on. But I'll check if I can get the logs for that.

Thanks.
    Last edited by jose.mira; 04-11-08 at 11:27.

Provided Answers: 4
    PVSW.LOG is always on. It can't be shut off. I don't know if anything is in it but it's worth checking. Also, you might consider updating the server to match the client.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Well, I checked the PVSW.LOG file and the only error message it has is 'Error initializing the SPX protocol. Error code: 6.'...

As for having the same version on the server and on the clients... I'll check what can be done about that.

Anyway, thank you for your replies.

José Rui Abreu Mira