Unanswered: Can't connect to linked AD server

Dear Friends,

select name As Name, sAMAccountName As UserName, title As Title,
    physicalDeliveryOfficeName As Office, telephoneNumber As PhNumber,
    mobile As CellPhone, facsimileTelephoneNumber As FaxNumber, mail As Email,employeeid as emp_no from openquery
    (
    ADSI,'SELECT name, sAMAccountName, title, physicalDeliveryOfficeName, mobile, facsimileTelephoneNumber, telephonenumber, mail ,employeeid
    FROM ''LDAP://fp1-srvr.sidf.gov.sa''
    WHERE objectCategory = ''Person''AND objectClass = ''user''
    ')

on sql server 2000 it was working but when migration to sql server2005
    I got the following error when trying to excute on query analyzer:

Msg 7321, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
    An error occurred while preparing the query "SELECT name, sAMAccountName, title, physicalDeliveryOfficeName, mobile, facsimileTelephoneNumber, telephonenumber, mail ,employeeid
    FROM 'LDAP://fp1-srvr.sidf.gov.sa'
    WHERE objectCategory = 'Person'AND objectClass = 'user'
    " for execution against OLE DB provider "ADsDSOObject" for linked server "ADSI".

Could you please help me in that

Provided Answers: 10
    Have you got the AD source set up as a linked server?
    George
    Home | Blog

thanks for your reply ,yes ,I got it

and this the script for creation.

EXEC master.dbo.sp_addlinkedserver @server = N'ADSI', @srvproduct=N'Active Directory Services 2.5',
    @provider=N'ADsDSOObject', @datasrc=N'fp1-srvr.sidf.gov.sa'
    EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'ADSI', @optname=N'collation compatible', @optvalue=N'false'
    EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'ADSI', @optname=N'data access', @optvalue=N'true'
    EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'ADSI', @optname=N'dist', @optvalue=N'false'
    EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'ADSI', @optname=N'pub', @optvalue=N'false'
    EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'ADSI', @optname=N'rpc', @optvalue=N'false'
    EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'ADSI', @optname=N'rpc out', @optvalue=N'false'
    EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'ADSI', @optname=N'sub', @optvalue=N'false'
    EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'ADSI', @optname=N'connect timeout', @optvalue=N'0'
    EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'ADSI', @optname=N'collation name', @optvalue=null
    EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'ADSI', @optname=N'lazy schema validation', @optvalue=N'false'
    EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'ADSI', @optname=N'query timeout', @optvalue=N'0'
    EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'ADSI', @optname=N'use remote collation', @optvalue=N'true

Any One could help me in this isssue.

Solution

Dear Friends

I finaly found the solution :
    The one that seems to trip up most users is
    that the service account used by the sql agent service has to be a member of
    the DatabaseMailUserRole in the MSDB database

this the silte:
    http://groups.google.com.sa/group/mi...6e373c96b9c7c2

Thanks for your help