Unanswered: RS 2000 Installation Problem

I have installed all the prerequisites of RS 2000 including SQL Server 2000 - SP3 w/ Analysis Server, Microsoft Framework 1.1, .NET 2003 and others.

I'm installing it in my PC which has an OS of Windows XP Pro SP2.

During the Systems Prerequisisite Checks on the installation the error is as follows "This edition of Reporting Services does not support installing the service components on this operating system"

When I continue the installation, the Report Manager and the Report Server was not installed.

Take Note: My IIS 5.1 is working as well as my Visual Studio 2003.

I hope you can give me details on what should I do to install this properly.

Thanks!

Provided Answers: 6
    you can not do the server installation on a non server OS.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Are you sure? This is the same setup on my previous PC (XP - Pro). I usually prefer this kind of setup because I would like to test all my reports using local database as well as the reports residing on my local PC. It still works though on my previous PC.

Thanks

I've fixed my problem by installing Reporting Services - Developer Edition. Thanks