Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12

    Unanswered: Graphs not appearing properly.

    Hi, I am post maintaining a project done in a company I am presently at which monitors capacity levels. Its a fairly straight forward graph with 3 lines. In the design view of the for the form is generated and displaying as should be from the imported data for all the lines. But in the form view in run time only 3 appear as they should.

    I have tried an exhaustive list of solutions and to no avail. I've moved the objects around, checked all the coding and parameters of the system. Has anyone had an experience like this with a possible solution?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    4,049
    TBH, with Access charts it's often the "fiddle factor" that is the solution... I find it more of an art than a science.

    You can try things like:

    * Make sure the object is large enough on the form.
    * Make sure the plot area of the chart is large enough on the chart itself.
    * Check the settings of the chart object.

    Charts are crappy in Access tbh. Most of the time I tend to export data to Excel and do my charts there. Bit messy but the result is better.

    Its a fairly straight forward graph with 3 lines .... But in the form view in run time only 3 appear as they should.
    It's hard to tell exactly what you're dealing with there, since you claim that 3 appear as they should, but there are only 3 lines... so it's working!!

    Can you elaborate as to what the symptoms are? Screenshots?
    Owner and Manager of
    CypherBYTE, Microsoft Access Development Specialists.
    Microsoft Access MCP.
    And all around nice guy!


    "Heck it's something understood by accountants ... so it can't be 'that' difficult..." -- Healdem
    "...teach a man to code and he'll be frustrated for life! " -- georgev

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12
    Hey,

    Thanks for the advice, the problem was the download macro. Someone was fiddling about with it and i managed to catch the errors and the download complete fully.

    Cheers!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •