Unanswered: Summarising information from a sub-subform

Hi all. I currently have a main form for my CASEID.

For each case there several invoices, which are shown in an invoice subform.

For each invoice, there is a list of activities and timunits which are held in the invoicedetails subform

I want to be able to summarise the activities & timeunits according to the type of activity (defined by activityprefix). How do i go about doing this? I have created a crosstab query which can do this function but have had trouble linking it to the invoiceID.

Help is greatly appreciated, thanks

Hi kingbal,

To me it's not quite clear what you want to do - "summarise" means calculate totals or averages, etc.? If so, you can a control in the form footer of a subform with control source like =sum([timunits]) that will calulate the sum of [timunits] for the records shown on the subform. Then refer to this control on the parent form. I think there's an example in the Microsoft NorthWind example database, although I don't remember which form - look around you'll probably find it. The Northwind db comes with Access, or just google it and it should be there.