Unanswered: FM 5.5 Auto Export Script

I am trying to automate an export function that i have to do every month. It involves specific records but no where near all.

Can someone please help me either find a tutorial or help me with the script to perform this.

Client is Filemaker Pro 6.0

Thanks in advanced for any help with this.

I think you'll need to supply more useful information if you want a specific solution.

In general, check the FileMaker application help for basic instructions on using scripts to do things like: Find Records[] and Export Records[].

Clarification

I can create a script using scriptmaker that uses the search criteria that I instructed it to, additionally is runs the export function but then I need to select the individual fields that I wanted exported. This is the function that I am looking for help on.

Example:

Search for all individuals that meet my criteria - Done
    Export Record - Done
    Select specific fields to export during the export function - Help On

There are 6 specific fields that I need to export and one is not in the database that I am pulling the balace of the data from. From Database1:5 Fields and from Database2:1Field. All are FP5 files (Server 5.5) with Client FMP Pro 6

Sorry for any confusion before, and again thanks ahead of time for any help.

Grimlitch

In the Export dialog, you should be able to choose related fields to add to the export order (look for a pull-down menu on top). Once you have your fields selected and have accepted the export order, you can select the option on the Export Records[] step to "Perform without dialog".

This is an interesting discussion.. thank you for sharing.

pret auto