Thread: Oracle RDBMS

Unanswered: Oracle RDBMS

Hi all,

I'm a 2nd year university student studying Website Development in North West England. I have decided to explore the use of Database Management systems in E-commerce.

I am only familiar with Oracle software and am interested to know what experienced persons believe to be the predominant Databased Management System for E-commerce use in the immediate future?

I'm looking for opinions and justifications but really appreciate any input.
    Thankyou,

Damien

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Dude,

You need a poll ... and refrase your question as that... perhaps try another kind of forum.

My Two cents:
    We use Oracle+SQL Server for E-Commerce, continental(Americas) operations...

I have a question for you: Why the business need SQL Server in tandem with Oracle?

PS: No hard feelings, I'm an undergraduate teacher ... and pretty much in consonance with anacedent lema "You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think."
    Last edited by OracleDisected; 04-30-08 at 03:27.

Quote Originally Posted by anacedent
    Hahaha

Shit, im sorry guys, it appears iv stumbled upon the wrong forum.

I wasn't looking for smug arseholes, that can't answer a genuine misconcieved question by someone new to a field trying to establish some grounds for an assignment.

I know it gets lonely all the way up there guys, but down here at the foot of your pedastool, iv got a joint, a bottle, a couple of friends and im the guy lauging at people who take enjoyment by pretending they are smarter than a 19 year old guy who doesn't know shit about his degree course.

I hope one day, when i grow up i can get my priorities in place and finally realise that all these people are below me, just like you guys.

If being intelligent is so fantastic why is this ignorance bliss?

Blow it out your arseholes, and run, go tell ur internet friends.

P.S. My mother always said if you dont have anything nice to say...
    You know the rest, your well clever aiiiiii
    xxxxxxxx

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    You best hope that no future possible employer use GOOGLEs to see such unprofessional postings of yours.
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

As anacedent says... shame your remarks

When learning you must be humble, now you are kicking the table because your fish is not ready: we're trying to teach you how to fish... and think. It's harder ,we know, but will give you the edge ...

Quote Originally Posted by anacedent
    You best hope that no future possible employer use GOOGLEs to see such unprofessional postings of yours.
    Too late... <insert evil laugh here>

http://www.wikispaces.com/BltCD1-%3Cdjf3ect%3E

Ok, well id like to thank you all for your views and quite frankly, im not too worried bout being Googled by prospective employers because people as highly intelligent as yourself should have out done google by the time i get a job.
    if im trying to cook my fish and its not ready, why are you teaching me how to catch them...and i never came here with the intention of fishing, i came here with the intention of passing an assignment, i'll take nothing with me from this, except maybe my rod, i can think of better places to use it
    much love boys