Unanswered: Populating a textbox from a Select statement...

Hello All,

I'm a long-time member, but never posted that i can remember. I'm having an issue with populating a text box on a form with data retrieved from the following select statement. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong or if this is doable at all?

I'm using this select statement as the control source on a text box. When i go into Form View, field only shows "#Name?".

=(Select Rate FROM TBL_Labor WHERE Routing="F30")

Has this worked for you in the past? I wouldn't think that would work. The SELECT statement is returning a recordset and you are trying to assign the recordset to a text box.

If you are certain it is only returning one value then you could use DLookup. If you want tio show more than one value then I think you will need a subform.

In all honesty, this is the first time I've attempted such a thing. I've been googling with no success. The Dlookup should work as i am only returning one value, but i've never attempted it either. Do you have an example of what it should look like based upon my query above?

I personally don't use DLookups, but from the help I would think the call would look like:

=DLookup("[Rate]","TBL_Labor","[Routing]=F30")

Hmmm...it's giving an error. It flashes #error to be more precise.
    Last edited by clayguthrie29; 04-21-08 at 15:06.

Between playing with this code and more googling, I've found my answer. It works great. Thanks for all of your help!

=DLookUp("Rate","TBL_Labor","Routing='F30'")

Yeah, it was the single quotes around the F30.