Unanswered: (free) SQL Server Mgmt tool for Linux

I have a Linux machine here at work that I do some development on, along with a few other tasks. It's also on my primary machine at home. Is anyone aware of a SQL Server Management suite that will run (natively - not in a VM) on Linux? I've used Aqua Data Studio in the past, but I would rather not have to pay for another License just for a part-time use.

I'm not looking for a full suite of graphical utilities. If I could get the basic functionality of Query Analyzer (query window, object scripting, etc..), I'll be happy.

I've googled around, and the pickings have been rather slim. The only thing I've found is something called Transact-SQL Analyzer. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll give it a shot. Has anyone used it before? It doesn't make mention of 2k5 support, either.

Provided Answers: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jeebustrain
    will run (natively - not in a VM) on Linux?
    So that rules out Java based solutions?

Quote Originally Posted by shammat
    So that rules out Java based solutions?

no - I meant I didn't want to have to use VMWare or something to run a client inside a Windows VM. A Java app would be fine.

I've had good results with squirrel SQL (runs on Java)

HTML Code:
    http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/

Provided Answers: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jeebustrain
    A Java app would be fine.
    Check my homepage

Quote Originally Posted by shammat
    Check my homepage
    Nice tool. Very responsive. I have not seen this one before.

thanks guys. I've got both of these now and and am checking it out.

One question though - I manually grabbed the MS JDBC driver for SQL 2005. Is there a way to "fake" the integrated windows authentication? I've tried putting 'integratedsecurity=true' in the connection string and putting domain\user as the username, but it's not authenticating me. Any ideas?

The MS KB mentions needing the integrated security DLLs (which obviously won't work).