Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: [MS Design Tools] - Catastrophic Failure

I am receiving the error outlined in the post title whenever I attempt to query or manipulate tables within Enterprise Manager. I am able to function normally (or as normal as a Teddy functions) using QA, only EM seems affected, and only on this machine.

I think the problem coincides with an installation of the SQL 2008 CTP and management tools. I'm not sure exactly where to look to fix this.

Here is a screenshot of the dialog I"m receiving:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/em_error.jpg

Any thoughts?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Provided Answers: 10
    Sadly, it would appear that the 2008 install has not being playing fair with your 200 installation; they've not et been taught how to share their DLLs.

I would try a fresh install of 2000; but it's a long shot because I'm not convinced they will sit pretty together regardless of install order (remember the kerfuffle that came with installing '00 and '05 - it all had to be done in some rather bizarre order including service packs!)
    George
    Home | Blog

Provided Answers: 1
    Yeah, I tried an uninstall/reinstall of the 2k client tools to no avail. I had my system slated for an "upgrade" from xp to server 2k3 next week anyway, it's just annoying to have to use QA for everything until then.

Oddly enough, I've been running SSMS right next to EM/QA with no problems for quite some time now. It's just this 2k8 RTM that's trying to kick everyone out of the sandbox.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***