Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: Transaction Log Error

what does this error mean?

The transaction log for database 'DBName' is full. To find out why space in the log cannot be reused, see the log_reuse_wait_desc column in sys.databaseswww.website.net/contact_us.aspx

How can I prevent it from occurring?

1. It means that the transaction log for the database is full and cannot be expanded,and none of the existing space can be reused. Your job is to find out why!

2. That is not a sql server error message, and it is a malformed url.

Have you looked at the tran file(s) for the db to see if they are allowed to autogrow? Are they out of disk space for growth? Have you done a full backup of your database to the tran log segments can be reused? Do you have a long running transaction that is preventing reuse of segments?

Help us to help you. Incomplete and erroneous information does not help the crystal ball (or the Magic 8 ball) allow us to see your problem.

-- This is all just a Figment of my Imagination --

Put your DB in simple recovery mode if you are not backing up/or plan not to backup your transaction log. If you need recovery better than previous night's full db backup (if you are backing up).

backup log databasename with truncate_only (or no_Log, if you are completely out of space on the drive)

dbcc shrinkfile(tlogfilename, sizeinMB) to shrink the log file.

this should be a good start.

Provided Answers: 1
    I solved the Error, it turns out there are two copies of the Backup being produced, one of which is being created on the databases drive, each backup is quite large and used a significant amount of space, have moved these to another drive and placed the backups onto a second physical drive.