Unanswered: Logical volumes as chunks?

Hi Everybody!

Do yo know if it is possible to create logical volumes and then use it as chunk? I think it is possible but I am not sure at all.

For example, with SAM I can create a logical volume "lvol1" at "vg00" volume group. After do that, I created this logical volume, I can see two files in /dev/vg00:

brw-r----- 1 root sys 64 0x000001 Apr 29 12:56 lvol1
    crw-r----- 1 root sys 64 0x000001 Apr 29 12:56 rlvol1

I wonder if it is possible to use rlvol1 file, as a chunk. I mean, go to the onmonitor informix utility and then add a chunk to a dbspace, setting in the path field: /dev/vg00/rlvol1.

I think this procedure works fine, but does anyone of us do that in your environment?

(We have HP-UX as server, and we use informix 7.31 -I know its an older version, but... )

Hello,

Yes, you should be able to use the LVs provided you change the ownership to informix:informix.

Nitin

Thx for your reply!

Hi,
    I suggest that you change to informix:informix and permission 0660 on raw-devices and not use direct the raw, create a simbolic links at this.

Gustavo.

Do not forget to set the variable KAIOON=1 before start Informix, without this variable the Kernel I/O is not activate...
    Something like this "HPUX Version B.11.00 -> Using flag/select style KAIO" will appear in your log messages.
    http://www.imartins.com.br/informix - English (translated by Google).