Unanswered: DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL Returncode column

IN the DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL view there is a column called RETURNCODE. The numeric value in this column corresponds to the numeric value in an ORA-99999 error message. For instance a value of 2004 refers to ORA-2004 "security violation". I am writing a script to troll through the audit table and list specific audit records. I'd like to include both the returncode and a description of the returncode in the output of the script.

My questions is, does anyone know if there is a table in the database that contains the complete list of ORA-99999 error codes and their descriptions? I have looked through my reference books and searched MetaLink, but have been unable to find anything.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    GOOGLE is your friend, but only when you use it.
    Results 1 - 10 of about 2,310,000 for oracle error codes.

1st response
    http://www.ora-code.com/

or you can roll your own by iterating across all possible values via oerr
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Thanks very much for the reply. But it doesn't exactly answer my question. I was asking if anyone knows if this information lives anywhere in the database. I am hoping to write a script to select specific rows from DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL and return information about those rows. I would like to obtain the description of the returncode error code from somewhere inside the database. If it already exists, I don't want to recreate it.

Since posting the first message, I believe I have found a solution. I believe I can use SQLERRM to obtain a textual description of the error code found in the RETURNCODE column.

Thanks again.