Unanswered: freeware excel add-in for ODBC connectivity

Hi Everyone

I just sent up a web site for a new freeware add-in for connecting excel to ODBC data sources. Please take a look here if you are interested in a quick way to pull down data to a sheet. SQL statements (Selects..) and stored procedures work ok. Was tested in Excel XP, 2003 and 2007 on Windows XP and Vista..

The add-in is built in COM and has a small size - slightly less than 200k so it is wont slow down Excel opening. Also, there is only a small new toolbar added in to the Excel frontend which is good as the space can get a bit tight up top some times. One other thing is that I added in a sample database - northwind and a few SQL scripts to the installation package and this bumped the size of the installation package up to 5 megs.. I am thinking of removing those extra files.. By the way the installation package was built with Office XP developer "Packaging Wizard" and not with some unknown program..

One other thing is that the Add-in needs the MSXML Parser (3 or greater) and MDAC (2.5 or greater) installed for it to work. These should be normally on a normal relatively recent build but if not they are free downloads from Microsoft.. I put more details on the site about that.

Anyway, if you are interested please look here http://www.sqlexcel.net

Lastly, if you have any problem at all please let me know and I will work on it asap.. Am currently looking for a position at the moment so while I am not working have plenty of time to work on any issues that may come up.. Thanks alot and good luck.
    Al

Hi Again !

Sorry, I forgot to mention, It would be brilliant to get some feedback on the add-in. I know there is alot to do still and am working on enhancements already.. Thanks and bye for now, Al