Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,662

    Unanswered: ODBC/OLEDB for FileMaker Pro 7.0

    I've been searching for it on and off today, but came up with nothing. Anybody happens to know where to get either one of those?
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,434
    Provided Answers: 10
    This will give you the answer.


    Moved to Other PC Databases
    George
    Home | Blog

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    out on a limb
    Posts
    13,692
    Provided Answers: 59
    erm probably best in the filemaker section I'd of thought.......
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,434
    Provided Answers: 10
    Wow, I've developed forum blindness, never saw this one on the list!!
    George
    Home | Blog

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,662
    Quote Originally Posted by georgev
    This will give you the answer.
    Nope, all they have is a instruction set on how to use the driver, not the driver itself. All I need is to get the contents of xxx.FP7 files into SQL. Will have to call their support now.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,434
    Provided Answers: 10
    That linked to this which links to this... sorry, I was only two steps away from the answer
    George
    Home | Blog

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,662
    Hmmm...yup, I've gone there. This ODBC driver allows linking SQL from FileMaker. What I need is the other way around, so that I can create a linked server or issue OPENROWSET from SQL. After struggling on my own I placed a call to FileMaker ... only to find out that I need to have a credit card handy...This means, - back to re-quoting the proposal to include the cost.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,434
    Provided Answers: 10
    Dam, sorry to hear that. Did the extra dollarini solve your problems in the end?
    George
    Home | Blog

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,662
    What a piece of junk this SequeLink ODBC driver from DataDirect! First, I did manage to create a linked server to FileMaker, by creating a system DSN, and then using MSDASQL provider for ODBC. But when I started working with it, all "memo" and some numeric fields started causing the driver failure. On some tables, when even doing "select...where 1=2" the driver was reporting "Out of memory" error. Using linked server I was able to get to 40% of the tables. So I ended up importing about 90% of tables into Access directly, then creating linked tables from Access to FileMaker for the other 10% of tables that were bombing with all kinds of driver errors, then creating "Create Table" queries by having to skip certain fields. Then, generating a cleanup script for all tables that have date/time field to set dates earlier than 1751 to null...And only then, - creating a linked server to Access, and loading every table with "select...into...from..." What a mess, the entire weekend is gone!
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •