Unanswered: error SQL0668N with return code of 3

UDB on Windows DB2 UDB version 9.1

A developer is getting this error frequently last couple of days trying to load data into table.

5280 7280 DBS-070401 5/7/08 9:28:17 AM ODBC data source <UDBDWDUT> error message for operation <SQLExecute>: <[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT]
    SQL0668N Operation not allowed for reason code "3" on table "KCDWHDUT.TCM13". SQLSTATE=57016

Looked up the error on the IBM website.. "Restart or terminate the previously failed LOAD operation on this table by issuing LOAD with the RESTART or TERMINATE option respectively"

Can anyone tell me how to fix this and perhaps why it is happening?

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by itsonlyme44
    "Restart or terminate the previously failed LOAD operation on this table by issuing LOAD with the RESTART or TERMINATE option respectively"

Can anyone tell me how to fix this and perhaps why it is happening?
    The answer to your first question is in your own posting. As to why it is happening, you are most likely to find the answer in the DB2 diagnostics log.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Thank you. I'll check the diag log (if I can find it) ... The DBA that takes care of the UDB stuff is not in this week (yikes)

I guess what I don't understand is the Load with terminate solution...

they are not loading from the DB2 tools but from some 3rd party tool.. so how do I do a 'load with terminate' from the DB2 tools ?

Provided Answers: 1
    Apparently, that 3d party tool uses the DB2 LOAD facility behind the scenes. You could try and figure out the LOAD command that the tool issues: it may be in the tool's log or in some temporary file.

The DB2 log, db2diag.log can be found in the DB2 install directory under sqllib\<instance name>. The instance name is most commonly DB2, but can be different. Search for db2diag.log.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

I found the db2diag.log. It's like 80 mg and goes back more than a year... is that normal? is there a way to checkpoint or cycle the log?

You can use the "db2diag" tool (instead of going directly to the db2diag.log file). This tool allows you to filter the log messages in many different ways.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

Thank you !!! so the db2diag.log just keeps appending and never gets checkpointed or recycled?

Correct.

You can move the db2diag.log file away (or just delete it). DB2 will automatically create a new one when the next log message has to be written.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

db2diag -time 2008-04-02-00.00.00.230520| db2diag -g instance=<instance-name> |db2diag -l error, severe, warning

like above u can use db2diag tool...hope it will be beneficial for u