Unanswered: recreate DB from .mkd and .ddf files?

Hi,

I have a bunch of .mkd and .ddf files that represent a backup or dump of a database. I have been asked to re-create the Pervasive database (so I can work on it and the apps that go along with it).

Do you know how I can re-create the database. Pervasive has an export Db function (makes .sdf files) but no import.

thanks very much for your help
    Norm

Provided Answers: 4
    You should be able to just create the Pervasive Database Name using the Pervasive Control Center. Right click on the engine name (machine name where the engine is running) and select New Database (I think).
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

answer

sure. I can make any database I want through the PCC but how do I associate the .mkd amd .ddf files with the database.
    I made a database with the correct name and a dummy table then I copied the .mkd and .ddf files to the location where dummy table was, bounced all the Pervasive services and went back into the PCC. The database just had the dummy table in it.

How does one associate (ie import) the .mkd and .ddf files?

ta
    Norm
    I

answer

Hi,
    I think I've figured it out. I created the new database then shut down PSQL. I then moved the new .ddf and .mkd files out and copied in the ones I'd been given from the previous database. I then restarted PSQL and voila, the tables from the good database are imported. Kinda clunky but I hope the apps work now.

thanks
    Norm

Provided Answers: 4
    Actually when you create the database name, you can (and should) point to the directory where the DDFs and MKDs reside. You don't need to create a DatabaseName, a dummy table, and then copy the files over them. Just put your DDFs and MKDs in a directory and point to that directory when creating the Database Name.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.