Unanswered: How can I generate INDOUBT Transaction for Research/Analysis purposes?

Hi all,
    I am trying to find a way or trick-of-the-trade that can reliably and consistently generate INDOUBT transactions for me. We have a spanking new DB2 UDB system in a linux, windows and z/OS all talking to each other and with thousands of potential users from remote locations. I will like to generate several INDOUBTs over many days to analyze a potential problem and see if I can have a solution.

Can someone help me out here with a solution?

Thanks

Provided Answers: 5
    This is the definition from the glossary:
    ------------------
    indoubt:
    The status of a unit of recovery that occurs when the database manager fails after it finishes its phase 1 commit processing and before it starts phase 2. At emergency restart, the status of the unit of recovery is indoubt until the commit coordinator indicates to the database manager whether the unit of recovery is to be committed or rolled back.

indoubt resolution:
    The process of resolving the status of an indoubt logical unit of work to either the committed or the rollback state.

indoubt transaction:
    A transaction in which one phase of a two-phase commit completes successfully but the system fails before a subsequent phase can complete.
    ------------------------
    So basically to get an indoubt transaction, it must include a two-phase commit somewhere and the second part has to fail.

HTH

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by ARWinner
    This is the definition from the glossary:
    ------------------
    indoubt:
    The status of a unit of recovery that occurs when the database manager fails after it finishes its phase 1 commit processing and before it starts phase 2. At emergency restart, the status of the unit of recovery is indoubt until the commit coordinator indicates to the database manager whether the unit of recovery is to be committed or rolled back.

indoubt resolution:
    The process of resolving the status of an indoubt logical unit of work to either the committed or the rollback state.

indoubt transaction:
    A transaction in which one phase of a two-phase commit completes successfully but the system fails before a subsequent phase can complete.
    ------------------------
    So basically to get an indoubt transaction, it must include a two-phase commit somewhere and the second part has to fail.

HTH

Andy
    You are absolutely correct Andy...but the question is: How can I "manufacture" INDOUBTs in a consistent reliable way to perform a Analysis and performance benchmark that I have in mind. Is there a way to initiate a to initiate a transaction and where the 2 phase is always failing/causing INDOUBTs.?

Provided Answers: 5
    Try this:

1) connect to DB A
    2) connect to DB B
    3) turn off autocommit (if you are using it)
    4) Start transaction by insert/update/delete something on DB A
    5) do an insert/update/delete on DB B
    6) Kill connection to DB B
    7) Commit transaction (A & B)

Andy