Unanswered: Synchronize databases over network

Hi,

I have a scenario which I need to implement at my work.

I need to maintain one Central SQL Server DB and multiple non central SQL Server DBs at different locations. Here the same DB schema is maintained at Center & non Central SQL Servers. The requirement is: each non central DB has to synchronize with the central DB and has to update the Central DB with the changes made locally.

Here the challenge is the intermittent connectivity between the DBs. The connection is not guaranteed to be alive 24 hours a day. It may go down frequently also. I would like to know the possible ways to handle my situation (i.e. synchronization). And also please suggest me if there is any support with the SQL Server DB itself.

Thanks,
    Kishore

I think it's a christomatic "central subscriber remote publishers" scenario for a merge repl.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

Hi rdjabarov,

Can you please shed some more light (details, links etc...) on "central subscriber remote publishers" scenario. It will be helpful for me as I am new to this concept.

Thanks,
    Kishore

ms-help://MS.SQLCC.v10/MS.SQLSVR.v10.en/s10rp_0evalplan/html/81892c04-30e7-489d-8517-d733c4cf0fda.htm
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."