Unanswered: Moving UDB DB logs

UDB DB2 V9 on Windows Server

I need to change the location of the logging for one of our Developers Databases.

From online Help:
    From the Control Center, expand the object tree until you find the database for which you want to set up logging.
    Right-click on the database and select Configure Database Logging from the pop-up menu. The Configure Database Logging wizard opens.

What do I need to do BEFORE using this wizard and changing the location and the # of logs? Can this be done as an online operation? Do I need to move the existing logs? Any guidance would be most helpful

Provided Answers: 5
    You should not need to do anything special. Once you change the path for the logs, you will have to deactivate the database for the change to take effect.

Andy

Cool. so once I deactivate/activate I'll be able to go to the 'old' log location and delete the logs?

Provided Answers: 5
    Yes you will.

Andy

The database will be deactived once all connections to the database are gone (unless the database was explicitly activated). I believe that the logs in the old location will be gone when they are moved to new location.

You can also make the change with the following commands:

db2 connect to <db-name>;
    db2 update db cfg using NEWLOGPATH <path of new log files>;
    db2 connect reset;
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390