Unanswered: reorg related issue???

HI,

To reorganize database indexes with an asterisk (*) in the last column (Reorg) after running reorgchk command, we need to do reorg all those indexes.

But after doing reorg activity twice we are still getting asterisk (*) for few indexes. Please find below sample.

IDSLDAP RCN 3e+06 27322 1 4 14 8059 3e+06 93 61 124 0 0 *----

Is there any harm if one asterisk (*) exist? the most left dash i am geeting asterisk(*).

Is database reorganized?

If still existance of asterisk (*) then what should I need to take action?

Please look in that and provide solution.

I refered below link but not getting clear picture on this.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...e/r0001971.htm

Thanks & Regards

Pawan

Reorgchk is a recommendation that you may want to reorg an index. It is by no means a "must do".

Reorgchk indicates whether the rows in a table are clustered by an index or not. If not, you will see the '*' in the reorgchk output (as you do). But let's try to understand what clustering is: the rows in the table are physically arranged in the same order as the index entries in the respective index. Naturally, there can be only one index on a table according to which the rows are sorted - you will never be able to make all indexes a clustering index (artificial scenarios where all indexes have the same row sort order not considered). Thus, if you have multiple indexes on a table, you will typically always see a '*' on the F4/cluster ratio column of the reorgchk output.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

thanks