Unanswered: Need a SQL Query (URGENT)

Hi Folks,

I have 2 tables, in which the 1st one has 200 columns and 2 table had 2 columns.. There is one common column for both the tables, but there is little change in schema of the tables...The common col in 2nd table is a primary key but the same column in the 1st table is a ordinary one..The data type for the common column is same...

Now i need to write a query to select 199columns(except the common column)from the 1st table and the other column(2nd col)other than the common column frm the 2nd table for "table1.commoncolumn=table2.commoncolumn"..... .

I had tried the natural join but its nt working in my informix sql database....I also tried by explicitly mentioning column names like "select column1,column2....column199,table2.column2 from table1,table2 where table1.commoncolumn=table2.commoncolumn", but its having a severe performance impact.......

Can some please gime a query to select based on the above criteria??
    Thankx in advance..

Need a SQL Query (URGENT)

Hi Folks,

I have 2 tables, in which the 1st one has 200 columns and 2 table had 2 columns.. There is one common column for both the tables, but there is little change in schema of the tables...The common col in 2nd table is a primary key but the same column in the 1st table is a ordinary one..The data type for the common column is same...

Now i need to write a query to select 199columns(except the common column)from the 1st table and the other column(2nd col)other than the common column frm the 2nd table for "table1.commoncolumn=table2.commoncolumn"..... .

I had tried the natural join but its nt working in my informix sql database....I also tried by explicitly mentioning column names like "select column1,column2....column199,table2.column2 from table1,table2 where table1.commoncolumn=table2.commoncolumn", but its having a severe performance impact.......

Can some please gime a query to select based on the above criteria??
    Thankx in advance..

Provided Answers: 59
    please don't double post
    please post in the most appropriate forums.. MySQL isnt Informix
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Wink

No One gave a reply there dude..So atleast ppl who know SQL might probably give a replt rght.......

Provided Answers: 59
    what you waited a whole minute before posting here.....
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Quote Originally Posted by grajesh_955
    I also tried by explicitly mentioning column names like "select column1,column2....column199,table2.column2 from table1,table2 where table1.commoncolumn=table2.commoncolumn", but its having a severe performance impact...
    which columns are mentioned in the SELECT clause has no bearing on performance

also, i am merging this thread with your other one in the Informix forum
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL