Unanswered: table locked with transaction pending

A table in my database is locked and i could not perform any operation on that table. Sybase returns error msg as "operation in progress".

Is there any way for me to clear the lock for that table? or is there any flag which i can reset so that this lock is disabled? any suggestions?

table lock

Hi,
    A table level locking occurs under many different scenarios, for example, if a DDL change is being applied on the table then an exclusive lock is held, if a DML change modifies more than the threshold value then the lock is promoted to a table level lock. If a runaway process is holding the lock then you will have to kill the process before the locks can be released (u cannot release it again, sybase will do it for you)

Yes, but still is there any flag in the master database or something else, which can be reset to release the table level lock that has occured in my case.

Because, if i restart the server, the particular database under which the table which is locked ..goes to suspect state and i have to clear the suspect flag etc etc...to bring the database up. Instead, is there any way by which i can clear the lock for that particular table.

table lock

Hi,
    Are you able to isolate the process that holds the lock, if so, r u able to kill the spid.

Is the lock being held by some application, check to see wat the application code tries to do. There is no flag in master to reset locked tables. Is this table in question huge.

give me a jist of the background

suda