Unanswered: Combo Box runs 'parameter' query to populate list box - question

I have the following code in my db to select a value on a combo box, and then run a query which the data from the query is used to populate a listbox on my form...one issue...the query was initially a parameter query, which I've change to attempt to grab the 'criteria' from the combo box, based a unique field 'ID'. But when I run the following I return an error, and I know its probably my syntax of how I'm coding my SQL statement...any suggestions on what to put in the area I've marked red below to make my value in my combo box be the criteria for the query I'm running...

btw, the query runs a-okay when I hard code the criteria

Private Sub tradedesc_Change()
    Dim db As DAO.Database
    Dim rs As DAO.Recordset
    Dim strSQL As String, strItem As String

strSQL = "SELECT R_Risk.AccountNumber, R_Risk.InvestorName, R_Risk.TradeDescription, R_Risk.PositionQty, R_Risk.AddRemoveContracts, R_Risk.ID FROM R_Risk WHERE (((R_Risk.AddRemoveContracts)>0) AND ((R_Risk.ID)=([Forms]![ListBox].[tradedesc])))"
    Set db = CurrentDb
    Set rs = db.OpenRecordset(strSQL)
    Do Until rs.EOF
    strItem = rs.Fields("InvestorName").Value & ";" & rs.Fields("ID").Value
    Me.List1.AddItem strItem
    rs.MoveNext

Loop
    rs.Close
    Set rs = Nothing
    Set cn = Nothing
    End Sub

more info

The name of my combobox is "tradedesc"

Change your SQL statement to this if the combo returns a number:
    Code:
    strSQL = "SELECT R_Risk.AccountNumber, R_Risk.InvestorName, R_Risk.TradeDescription, R_Risk.PositionQty, " _
    & " R_Risk.AddRemoveContracts, R_Risk.ID FROM R_Risk WHERE (((R_Risk.AddRemoveContracts)>0) AND " _
    & " ((R_Risk.ID)=(" & [Forms]![ListBox].[tradedesc] & "))); "
    and if it return a text:
    Code:
    strSQL = "SELECT R_Risk.AccountNumber, R_Risk.InvestorName, R_Risk.TradeDescription, R_Risk.PositionQty, " _
    & " R_Risk.AddRemoveContracts, R_Risk.ID FROM R_Risk WHERE (((R_Risk.AddRemoveContracts)>0) AND " _
    & " ((R_Risk.ID)=('" & [Forms]![ListBox].[tradedesc] & "'))); "
    Last edited by Aran1; 05-21-08 at 00:22.
    <<Never Walk on the Traveled Path, Because it only Leads you to where the Others have been.>>
    Graham Bell

Thank You!

Thanks A Million!!! Am new at this...so often I encounter challenges. Thanks a ton.

You are welcome
    Cheers
    <<Never Walk on the Traveled Path, Because it only Leads you to where the Others have been.>>
    Graham Bell