Unanswered: State 08001, Native -1033

Hello,

I got the error from the title from a German business programm using Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.2.
    Since the error is written in German I can only give a rough translation.

"Database Server could not be started. Severe server error."

Unfortunately I did not find any information on iAnywhere.com.

Please help.

Greetings,

fgunti

Provided Answers: 4
    The errorlog of the server could give more information than the message returned to the client. As far as I know, errornumbers are the same, no matter which language the text is in. You can try to look up the errornumbers.
    I'm not crazy, I'm an aeroplane!

Thanks for your answer. I tried to look up the errornumbers but could not find anything on iAnywhere.com. Is there another place where I may get an answer/find a list of the errornumbers?

It seems that ianywhere.com is the official sybase-resource. If the solution isn't there, I don't know where you can find it.
    Are there many different errors in the errorlog, or just one/a few?

It is only this one. Since I am supporting a small business solution in Germany that uses Sybase I am used to errors and they are usually described on ianywhere. But this error is hopeless :-)

If the errortext is indeed as general as you mentioned in your first post, it's going to be tough to troubleshoot.
    Did you change anything before the error ocurred? A hostname, an IP-address, anything?

It seems to be a tough error. All you can do (as I found out) is to repair the database or use an old safe-file.
    I did not find any reason why the error occured. As far as I know nothing had been changed.

Ah, so it's something with the datafiles. If you could track changes in de data to the point of when the error started occurring, you could find the cause.

Thanks a lot. Now it is up to our database experts.

Greetings,

fgunti