Exclamation Inventory Management Database for a hospital

Hi guys Im a student and one of my projects involves desingning an Inventory system for a hospital. However I have no idea of what tha basics of an inventory system should be. I would like assistance in desihning an E-R model of how this system should operate.
    I am also facing a big problem with coming up with the professional like database structure, the tables that should be in it and well normalised. What fields sould i have in which table and how the relations should be. Guys pse help

we will assist, but you will do the work

what have you done so far?
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Practically nothing

All i need is the E-R model ant the table strucure. I have nothing down yet so i need the concptual plan of the tables to involve and how they relate What i did not mention was that im going to be using VB.Net and MySQL

okay, once you've created the ER or table structure, post what you have and we'd be happy to comment
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Ok here we go I have come up with the following tables but as i will show you i will need more tables to be integrated in the system. First, an overview of what i wan the system to accomplice is

1. It should capture data from the suppliers of the medical facilities and drugs.
    2. It should be able to show the records of what is in stock for all the
    diferent Items.
    3. It should be able to record the different placed orders by the hospital to
    the different suppliers.
    4. The system should be able truck the in-flow and out-flow of items in stock.
    5. It should be able to print reports at each level
    Tables
    SALE
    {Reciept_Num}, sale_date
    INVOICE
    {VendorID},Invoice_Num, Invoice_Date,Paid_or_Not
    ITEM SALE
    {Receipt_Num, Sale_Item_Num}, Quantity_Sold, Product_ID
    INVOICE_ITEM
    {Invoice_Num, Invoice_Item}, Qty_Added, Item_Num
    STOCK
    {Item_num}, Item_Description, Qty_in_Stock, Type_of_Item, Minimum_OrderQty
    PRODUCTS
    {Product_ID}, Product_Description

what should be noted is that the sale of medic facilities has not catered for the addmited patients who should be charged for the drugs used on discharge. This means that the system should inclute a table for PATIENTS and probably prices. How i should do that is not clear to me yet