Unanswered: Migration from 7.2.5 to V9.

Hi,

Presently we are using Db2.7.2.5 on linux platform. Presently we are facing the problem is for new pcs. This Db2 is not loaded for new configuration pcs. So, we want to migrate from Db2.7.2.5 to V 8.1.,

Let me know about this, any manual or documentation for Rhel 4. and Db2.8.1.

Thanks & Regards

Sekhar

Provided Answers: 5
    To migrate from V7 to V9, you will have to first migrate the V7 to V8. Then migrate the V8 to V9.

To Migrate from V7 to V8, start here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...t/t0011933.htm

To Migrate from V8 to V 9.5, start here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce.../c0023662.html

V7 has been out of service for quite some time, and V8 will go out of service after April 2009.

Andy

Just follow the steps described in the manuals.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

Hi,

Here My problem on linux 7.3, and udb db2 7.2.5, in this users limit problem i have faced. if more than 14 users connect the database, it disconnects automatically the user.
    the exact code is : SQL0902C A system error (reason code = "81") occurred.Subsequent SQL statements cannot be processed. SQLSTATE=58005.

this is happening not connected the database.
    plz help me
    Thanks & Regards

Provided Answers: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by bpcsekhar
    Hi,

Here My problem on linux 7.3, and udb db2 7.2.5, in this users limit problem i have faced. if more than 14 users connect the database, it disconnects automatically the user.
    the exact code is : SQL0902C A system error (reason code = "81") occurred.Subsequent SQL statements cannot be processed. SQLSTATE=58005.

this is happening not connected the database.
    plz help me
    Thanks & Regards
    I do not understand why this is a problem for the migration. You should build a new server with DB2 V8 and then backup your V7 DB and restore it to the new V8 server. You can then repeat this process to get to V9.

Andy