Unanswered: Develop on Windows deploy on AS400

Hi,

I am developing a DB2 AS400 based product for a customer. Am a first time DB2 user. My schema has been developed on DB2 on a Windows 2003 Server. When I use the Generate DDL on the Control Center they cannot run this to create the database on their AS400 DB2, obvious syntax differences to the DB2 on AS400.

I searched through the DB2 website on how to manage this dual OS dev/deploy arrangement, but could not find anything, it may be there, but I could not find it.

So some pointers to documentation on how to do this would be greatly appreciated!

David

Provided Answers: 5
    What errors did they get when they ran the script? Was the script converted from DOS (windows) format to unix before it was executed?

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by ARWinner
    What errors did they get when they ran the script? Was the script converted from DOS (windows) format to unix before it was executed?

Andy
    AS/400 is not a UNIX paltform.

DML (insert, update, delete, select) is about 98% compatible, but the DB2 for LUW and DB2 for i5 (AS/400) have more differences at the DDL and even more differences at the administration level.

But you can check out this manual for more information:
    DB2 SQL Reference for Cross-Platform Development
    ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/produc...S/cpsqlrv3.pdf
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Unfortunately it was someone else 4 timezones away that actually ran the DDL. Here is what he said after I sent him the script fro the Generate DDL

"
    I took out all the none necessary characters such as ( and run the script from the AS/400 machine, it gives me an error and nothing executed (the modified file is attached).
    The errors I received :

RUNSQLSTM command failed.
    "

They are supposedly experienced in the ways of DB2 on AS400.

Thx.

David

Resolved

Hi,

For other poor souls who try this.

1. No concept of tablespaces in AS400 DB2 it seems, had to delete any reference to them from the Control Center on W2003Server generated script.
    2. Change the user to match, if a user it is, the thing prior to the tablename after the CREATE TABLE statement.
    3. Delete all the double quotes in your script.

Then your large unwieldy SQL DDL works on DB2 on AS400

David