Unanswered: Multi record handle by one form? [Solved]

OK I guess some background would be helpfull at this point.
    Ok So acouple of Item come into the stores from from one transation. I ahve one table to store transation infomation and another to store Item infomation. now the to table are link by a transaction ID.
    ok with me so far?
    ok now each Item must be store serperatly so each item has it own row. so let say some bring in 4 items. what i want stored is four seperate rows each one with the Item info and the same transaction Id.
    so that the background to my problem

Ok here is where i need the help, I have created the Form to input the transaction info and to generate the transaction ID. what i want it to have a buttum in the corner that brings up a second form that will allow me to add the Item info and to bring across the transaction ID, then everything i clcik on the Buttum in the form it add the info to the record and allow to enter a new one. Like how hotmail and stuff attach attachments to E-mails, that style of thing?

any help would by aprecated and a apolgise for poorness of spelling
    Last edited by linoukus; 06-03-08 at 08:46.

Are you familiar with sub forms? These are how you typically do this. Essentially the same as you are talking about but the second form is embedded rather than a pop up.

You can use a pop up if you really want though.

no im not but ill look into it, but that is not the part im having differculty with. it transfering accross the transition ID or is that done automaticly

For a subform that is done automagically

To transfer across to a form you are opening (and assuming you know how to get hold of it in the first place) look up the Opening Args argument of the OpenForm method.

ok it will not allow me to link the to transion boxes, saying that the data type wrong. my parent form is using a autonumber Replacnt ID so it generates this {7E0FB402-1FC7-4F9A-AE05-A7F703878A2E} now what does the data type of my child need to be?

ok never mind i just need to change the data type to number then Replacnt ID

If you didn't have these matching as datatypes then you don't have relationships set up. Combined with your other question you are potentially in a dodgy situation regarding your design.

yeah i know, it not completely my fault, it started off as a simple single tabled stock control system. but then my boss caught me working on it and started adding thing he wanted it to be able to do. so my first design had to be keep being changed that it start being un helpful. so it mostly due to that and the fact that i have touch access for 5 years or so