Unanswered: Need Simple Database help

I am building a web site for a agriculture seed producer, they have a long list of products that they want displayed on their site, to say the least it is far to big to make a HTML page for each one.

I am looking for any options that will allow me to place data in any kind of easily update able file (spreadsheet would be nice) and be able to pull specific data from that file and display it using HTML and CSS.

I have a basic example here http://64.42.222.88/2008/jared/portf...ideo/index.php
    this one used PHP and MySQL, I am open to useing almost anything i just need it to be simple. Another need is that some one who has no experience with any kind of programming needs to be able to update the content.

thanks for your help.

Use any open source for easy solution

Quote Originally Posted by TIbb View Post
    I am building a web site for a agriculture seed producer, they have a long list of products that they want displayed on their site, to say the least it is far to big to make a HTML page for each one.

I am looking for any options that will allow me to place data in any kind of easily update able file (spreadsheet would be nice) and be able to pull specific data from that file and display it using HTML and CSS.

I have a basic example here http://64.42.222.88/2008/jared/portf...ideo/index.php
    this one used PHP and MySQL, I am open to useing almost anything i just need it to be simple. Another need is that some one who has no experience with any kind of programming needs to be able to update the content.

thanks for your help.
    You can use any open source CMS available in php and mysql for this. These have capabilities to store and retieve data from database. And also any user with no experience of programming can update the content with a little knowledge of the application.

The popular open source CMS are Joomla, Wordpress and Drupal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rajhans View Post
    Thanks
    ... for nothing

your post is far too generic, and two years late
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Any suggestions

Do you have any specific book that you suggest over another?

Quote Originally Posted by huppy21 View Post
    Do you have any specific book that you suggest over another?
    depends on what you want to learn
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca

Our site was built with default WYSIWYG editor. This should enable to edit content
    items without needing to know how to write HTML code?

W3C Validation Service found 11 Errors while checking the site!
    After cleaned up, processed through HTML Tidy,W3C is still complaining, that
    the heading tags are not being used properly.

I went to your site Simply SQL. I am not sure, what I have to learn first and where to start.

Please advise. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by erstv3 View Post
    Please advise. Thank you
    sounds like you don't know how to clear up w3c errors

i would suggest a book about html: Build Your Own Web Site The Right Way Using HTML & CSS, 2nd*Edition - SitePoint Books
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca