Unanswered: Use a text box to find a list of customers on a form

Hi folks, need some help on this. I have been working on it for a while and just don't know how to do it. I am using Access 2000.
    I have a list of customers on a form in ascending order. I would like to place a text box on the form that would act as a locator of a specific customer. It is similar to the help index in visual basic where when you type in the first letter of the topic it goes to a list of topics begining with that letter. Example would be if I typed in the letter "b" it would list all customers begining with b. If I continued to type "be" it would proceed to the customers that begin with be. Once a specific customer is found I would like to be able to highlight the customer with the remaining fields (address, city, state, etc), and fill in this info on a separate form. I would be very grateful if someone could share a solution for this. Thank You in advance.

Thank you Rogue for that useful information. I will give it a try.

Here's the example I like best:

http://www.dbforums.com/showpost.php...9&postcount=27

Keep in mind that a "Find as you type" versus an "Enter a few characters" and push <enter>, the "Find as you type" can be very slow when you're dealing with any mass amount of records. Plus, I like having the alphabetical buttons to quickly locate starting characters.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)