we can use integer as a table unique primary key and we can let the database to assign an unique number to it via the auto_increment property. Saying we can have a custId integer field as the only primary key and let the MySQL database automatically increase one each time a new customer is inserted. But I am not clear about this concept.
1. does that auto_increment property is defined in SQL or in DBMS or in individual database implementation?
2. in the insert SQL statement we should ignore that field (custId) because database will automatically assign a value to it?
3. if my data is huge, is there any chance the integer value gets overflow if the database keep increase it?
4. When we should use the auto_increment feature and when we should not use it?
5. After compare the output sql file, I noticed that some modeler software support such feature but others did not. what does this mean?