Unanswered: MS Sql Server 2005

I have created a transactional replication sucessfully and when am checking the replication publisher for view snapshot agent status i have an error "The paramater is incorrect step failed"....

So how to start the snapshot agent, i have started by clicking start tab, but same error is again identified.

Regards,

Senthilkumar.R

Open Jobs folder in SSMS and right-click on the snapshot job. Go to "View History", and see details. If detailed view does not give you enough info, open job's properties, click on Steps, click on Edit, go to Advanced tab, and specify the log file that you want the output from the job to be sent to. Run the job manually, and then send us the log file.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

Hi, i believe the log file would give same information as does right clicking the job and selecting view history. (correct me if i am wrong). eg, if the agent is failing due to primary key voilation; it won't log it in the job history or the job log file.
    He might need to put the following text in the RUN AGENT step of the replication job in order to get details of what might be the reason of failure!
    -Output C:\OUTPUTFILE.txt -Outputverboselevel 2
    Cheers!

!Direction is More Important than Speed!

http://talatnauman.blogspot.com/

I'll gladly correct

Job history (detailed) will give you the first 255 characters of the output, including the fact that it failed. The error may or may not be visible there. This means that you may or may not get the same output as the one from sending the job results to a log file. So, - do what I said, and you'll get everything you (or we) will need
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."