Question combining field data

I am working on a database that tracks time, as in how long were the chains on a tire. How would be the best method to track the time so when the data is entered, and the amount of time is lower then the older data? When the time is lower then Access can add them in a total field but not add it if the amount just went up? thanks

CrazyJo make no talky sense!

Reposty please. More clearly ask next time.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

To paraphrase the blindman, huh ?

-PatP

Ok here we go. this database is used to track the amount of time that chains have been on the tire. the field that I am working with is used to enter/log time, in the number of hours that the chains have been on the tire. the problem that we are running into is when the gauge used to show time breaks and the numbers start below the value that was there before. we need to be able to tell that the value entered is being added to the total time, and still be able to track it with the total amount of time and not the now reduced value. this make more since?

How does the time start below? Provide sample data please
    George
    Home | Blog

the problem that we are running into is when the gauge used to show time breaks and the numbers start below the value that was there before. we need to be able to tell that the value entered is being added to the total time, and still be able to track it with the total amount of time and not the now reduced value.
    Your words are all spelt correctly but contain little meaning in their current order. Surely it’s better to just remove the chains when it stops snowing

this make more since?
    None at all

the chains are on 24/7 365 days a year. the chains are not for snow driving but to protect the tire

Quote Originally Posted by georgev
    How does the time start below? Provide sample data please
    Each month an inspection is made on the tires and the chains. After the inspection is made the information is sent from the field to out home office where it is entered into the data base. The time can start below the old data when the gauge used is broken and replaced. For example the chains on loader (moves 350 tons of dirt) could have 20218 hours in use, after the gauge used to track that was broken, a new one was installed and the hour reading started over at zero hours.
    Last edited by crazyjo; 06-11-08 at 14:28.

I think I understand what you want.
    To provide a solution, I will need to see your table design, and some sample data.

blindman

here is the relationship table and a smaple

I have attached two jpg's with samples. one is the relationship table the send is a view of on account of where this problem has come up. Thanks a bunch for the help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails inspection.JPG   relationship.JPG  

Which table and column is being affected by this issue?

blindman