Unanswered: multi-select operations on a datasheet subform?

Hi guys, I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction and suggest what they think would be the best approach for this:

I have a form which has a datasheet subform whose recordsource is a query. What I would like to accomplish is to have the ability for the user to select a record, and have a field value in that record be added to an average of all of those that have been selected

Here is the way I was thinking to do it:

Since datasheets dont have multiselect capability, I was thinking that I would have a listbox with multiselect that is populated with each record from the form. Then, when an event such as double-click (or maybe for windows familiarity, i could have it only do it when shift is down). Then it would select the corresponding items from the listbox and average them.

Does this seem like the best route? or is there anyway to do this easier or straight from the subform?

out on a limb
    Provided Answers: 59
    dont use datasheets would be my suggestion
    you should be able to do what you want using continuous forms, heck you can even approximate a datasheet look if you 'must' go the spreadsheet route.
    if needs be
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Préverenges, Switzerland
    LIST for goodness sake.

you are selecting, not editing.
    list happily supports multiselect without too much messing around. continuous forms (ugh) and datasheets (ugh^3) do not have native support for multiselect so you will need to modify tables or use a temporary table to include a iAmSelected field.

currently using SS 2008R2