Thread: list boxes?

Unanswered: dragndrop list box to text box?

i have successfully created a database creating two tables and dragging from one to the other using list boxes(i used peters software to install dragndrop into my access) this is all working ok!
    i now want to use the second table to select a team of between 1-4 names from this list box to form a team at the same time removing that name from the list.
    what should i use combo,text box or continue to use dragndrop,as u can see i am a newbie at this and would like some help from you experts?

i use twin lists for this sort of stuff since it makes visual sense to me.
    here's an old demo using double-click (you could equally drag-n-drop or single click).

izy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    currently using SS 2008R2

dragndrop list box

tks that works well! can you now help me with putting some of the selected names into 4 seperate boxes
    skip
    third
    second
    lead
    and then retain the results to print out score cards
    i'm a newby but learning fast rgds dennis 2756

list boxes?

hi! i have created two tables(list boxes) and in my form i can populate the second table by draggin names across.
    now i want to use that second table to further select names to fit into 4 seperate boxes ,i want to retain the results so that i can print score cards,and then empty those records ready for the next selection
    i would also like to delete the names as selected in table 2 so that i get no duplications
    what should i use in access to achieve this??thanks in advance

my own project for the weekend is a massive data massage and import ...not that attractive!

so i had a look at the 4 teams scenario - attached.

izy

list boxes

Quote Originally Posted by izyrider
    my own project for the weekend is a massive data massage and import ...not that attractive!

so i had a look at the 4 teams scenario - attached.

izy
    thanks IZY,That looks like exactly what i am trying to do.
    i can now spend my weekend(its wet and cold anyway) moving on to the next step in my DB process.
    rgds Dennis

list boxes

Hi Izy, i have successfully used your "team db" i am sending you a copy? i now want to use the formula to increase it to say 16 rinks each listing 2 teams,if you explain how to do it i would appreciate it as it will teach me more about the programme,again many thanksrgds dennis

ooops: there are some shortcomings in multilist001
    e.g. single-click someone available and double-click an existing team member.
    e.g. single-click someone available and Tab
    ...both results are undesireable!

attached is multilist002 - using a popup form to provide a menu and avoiding the above unfortunate byproducts of using focus.

...back at your app: my "teams" are actually your "roles" within a single team and there are 16 teams. this is a different kettle of fish. i'll think about it over the coming few days.
    someone else will probably be inspired now that you have posted the app.

one question tho: are you ABSOLUTELY certain that the number of Rinks - gosh, i didn't know they were called that! - is and always will be 16 ?

izy

list boxes

hi!lizy thanks again for your update to ver 002,i had no problems with vers 001 but will accept your advice re-basic programme non desirables.
    I trust you managed your weekend struggle with the massage?(did you mean message?)design input?
    The DB i am trying to create is for my local lawn bowls club.it has two greens with 8 playing rinks on each,this means if the game of fours is played i have a total of 64 players to select from for each green!
    Will await your response at your convenience,really appreciate your assistance.
    I spent 3 months in your beautiful country in Vevey back in 1975,and like you i follow closely the socceroos in the run up to the world cup.
    rgds Dennis

hi IZY'REMEMBER ME I AM INTERESTED IN USING THE MULTILIST YOU KINDLY SENT ME.I now want to increase teams to say ten and print them out.Can you show me how to do this?rgds Dennis

list boxes

hi izy! remember me? you kindly sent me a sample of selecting teams version 2
    can you now show me how i can use that sample using my own names
    many thanks dennis