Unanswered: Restoring from large database backup into small database .

Hi All,
    I am working with db2v8.2.6 and aix5.3

I want to restore from a production backup image (it has large bufferpool) into UAT area that does not enough memory to be replaced the bufferpool from backup image, how can I manage to do restore with small bufferpool ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tips

What you need to do is write a redirected restore script to restore the database on to the server you have. You can modify the tablespace sizings to suit your environment if you have less hard disk space.

For the Bufferpools once you have restored the database you can connect and issue the ALTER BUFFERPOOL command to set them to the desired sizes.
    HTH

Nitin

Ask the experienced rather than the learned

Quote Originally Posted by nitingm
    What you need to do is write a redirected restore script to restore the database on to the server you have. You can modify the tablespace sizings to suit your environment if you have less hard disk space.

For the Bufferpools once you have restored the database you can connect and issue the ALTER BUFFERPOOL command to set them to the desired sizes.

Actuly for bufferpool case, I can not connect because UAT environment does not have enough memory to alocate to buffepool so system will be hanged.

Provided Answers: 1
    You can use the DB2_OVERRIDE_BPF registry variable to temporarily specify smaller bufferpool size(s).
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmit
    Actuly for bufferpool case, I can not connect because UAT environment does not have enough memory to alocate to buffepool so system will be hanged.
    That's not correct. If there is not enough memory, DB2 won't allocate those bufferpools and use really small buffer pool instead. So you can connect to the database and change the other buffer pool sizes to your liking.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development