Unanswered: Backup Oracle Databases

hey my company wants to backup oracle databases and we are looking for reliable backup software.

I found some common backup software but most of them are not capable to backup Oracle. From my research, I got the two in mind:

Ahsay: It can backup Oracle and MS SQL. Looks cool.
    Novastor: The design looks nice but it does not clearly tell if it can backup Oracle.

Could anyone share some exp. with me on backup software?

Provided Answers: 1
    RMAN is reliable & is included with the database.
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

DB Zipper

The tool i use to back up databases is cheap (just 95 $) and works fine, it's called DB Zipper, it supports Firebird, InterBase, MS Access, MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, and PostgreSQL.

Liverpool, NY USA
    Rman is even cheaper (free) and can do hot or cold backups and restores.
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Hey Fredatti,

I think your decision for backup/recovery software should be based on the size of your shop. if u work in a very large shop is i do, with over 120 databases to backup, you'll definitely need a third party tool for not just the backups, but for monitoring. We use BMC SqlBacktrack for Oracle. It's very powerful, but easy to install/deploy. It actually works with RMAN & also has a good GUI feature (BRPM-backup/recovery process monitor) that's superb for monitoring your backups.

Check for this product.

Good luck...